It was wonderful to have so many families on campus for Family Weekend 2014! In all we had more than 2500 registered guests that made the trip to Durham to share in their student’s college experience. This year’s programming included a wide variety of events, presentations, and performances from throughout the Duke community.
Among the highlights:
- An address from President Richard Brodhead
- The Family Weekend kickoff address by the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, Sue Wasiolek
- Special discussions from two of Duke’s acclaimed faculty members, Dr. Mohamed Noor and Dr. Denise Comer
- Emmitt and Pat Smith hosted an incredible event with the Library, hosted by their daughter Jasmin (who really stole the show)
- Wonderful concerts from Duke a capella, jazz, chorale groups and more
- Student performances including Duke Improv, Hoof n’ Horn
Duke Athletics also enjoyed a successful Family Weekend with wins by several Olympic sports teams.
We hope all of our visitors enjoyed their time at Duke. It was wonderful meeting so many of you, and please know that we really do view you as partners in your student’s success.
Many have begun to ask about the dates for Family Weekend 2015, and when they will be confirmed for next year. Stay tuned to www.studentaffairs.duke.edu/parents for the latest updates and details.
Parent & Family Programs