On behalf of Parent & Family Programs, The Dean of Students Office, and the entire Duke University community, we would like to extend a HUGE thank you to all who joined us for Family Weekend 2015! This three-day celebration literally would not be possible without the many parents, families, and friends of Duke current students and alumni. This year we recorded 1300+ parent and family registrations and welcomed approximately 3,200 total guests, a 20% increase from the previous year! Again, you all made it happen!
With events happening all over campus throughout the weekend, our office partnered with many Duke faculty and staff members to provide a memorable experience for everyone. Some of the highlighted events included:
- An informative yet light-hearted address from President Brodhead
- A spirited discussion on college costs and the value of a Duke education from Mike Schoenfeld, Vice President for Public Affairs and Government Relations
- Classroom experiences with Dr. Karla Holloway and Dr. Brian Hare
- Celebrity discussions from Duke parents Peter Del Vecho, producer of Disney’s Frozen, and actor Rob Lowe
- Exceptional performances from The Pitchforks’, Rhythm and Blue, Out Of The Blue, and Something Borrowed Something Blue a cappella groups
We hope all of our Family Weekend guests enjoyed their time with us at Duke. Registered families, please be sure to complete the Family Weekend 2015 survey e-mailed to you, as it helps us in our efforts to provide the best experience possible. Family Weekend 2016 dates will be announced around early February, so please continue to monitor the Duke Parent & Families website for release updates and all other pertinent information.
Parent & Family Programs