Knowing what to wear to a career fair, networking event, or an interview can be difficult without some guidance. We put together these tips and resources to help you pick the most appropriate attire.
Plan your attire
- Gauge if the types of companies you will talk to would prefer not to see facial piercings or tattoos, and choose attire accordingly.
- Avoid using hygiene products with strong scents.
- Look at pictures from the companyâs website and social media to see how employees dress.
- Match employees' attire, and err on the side of dressing a little nicer, if you are unsure.
- Make sure you feel confident and comfortable to be on your feet for a couple of hours. Wear your clothes a few days early if you are not accustomed to that type of attire.
LGBTQ and gender non-conforming attire
- General tips for what to wear, see #6
- Gender neutral interview attire
- Experiences of gender nonconforming people and their attire in the workplace