Class of 2022, guess what? You have almost made it through your first semester at Duke! With winter break coming up, I know you may be wondering what should you be doing during your break. Well, the Career Center has 5 tips to help you make the most of your winter break!
1. Relax and enjoy time with family, friends, and your community!
2. Reflect upon your fall semester, think about what you learned about yourself, and how you may want to approach the spring semester.
3. It is not too early to begin working on your board or directors. As you begin to connect with and meet new people who may have an impact on your life, you may want to think about how they can contribute insights into your personal and professional development. Doing so will allow you the opportunity to intentionally build your own support system.
4. Explore areas of interest by connecting with family, friends, and friends of family through conducting informational interviews. You can also search and connect with Alums through the Duke Alumni Directory. This can also be a great time to volunteer within the community and job shadow in fields or industries of interest.
5. Review the resume videos and guide through the Career Center’s website and update your resume. As you start to connect with individuals they may ask to review your resume, so you want to make sure it has been updated.
As you are enjoying your winter break, if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment with a career adviser, we will be in the office throughout the month of December and would be more than happy to meet with you in-person or via phone or Skype!