The first day of summer is approaching and you’re in the process of searching for an internship or job and you’re beginning to fret a little. Well, fret no more, Jenny Floss wrote a great article to capture some of the important tips needed for a search, these tips can be used for both internships and jobs. I’m often asked by students, “do you have any tips for me as I’m searching?” and I would honestly say these are the tips I would provide!
- Make sure to use the position description as a resource as you create your resume and cover letter.
- Online searching is great, however make sure to utilize all of your resources. Informational interviews can be a great way to connect with like-minded people, learn more about a company, role, or field, and find out about additional leads to positions or people to establish connections.
- Update your resume and LinkedIn page as you see fit.
- Make sure to let your personality shine in your application documents and your interview(s).
- LinkedIn is a great way to market yourself and you can use it as a master resume!
- Don’t forget to thank everyone!