First years, did you know that the Career Center has a program exclusively for you called Fyrst Contact? Well, we do, and it is an amazing program. This program connects first-year students with companies and employers who are interested in engaging with first years. Fyrst Contact is offered online and it is more of an information session versus a recruitment session. Some of the companies who participate are looking for interns and will provide that information during the session. You can view and register for these sessions through CareerConnections.
This week we would like to spotlight Brightline as they recently held an online session to talk with students and answer questions. If you were unable to attend the session, you may view the recording below. I have also included a brief overview about Brightline and how they would like to continue to engage with first years!
- Brightline is the only privately owned, operated, and maintained passenger rail system in the United States and was founded in 2012.
- It will be embarking upon a new partnership in the very near future in which the company will undergo rebranding and change its name to Virgin Trains USA.
- They are currently making great strides and working on projects in Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville, Florida.
- Brightline does offer internships for first years and are looking for well-rounded individuals with hospitable and excellent communication skills.
- Brightline describes the advantages of their internships including:
- Amazing company culture and values
- Start-up business experience
- Technologically forward
- Multi-Layered industry exposure
- Paid Internship
- If you are interested in an internship, since the company is still growing, it is still very informal, however, you can reach out to the human resources team or the Operations Control Center Director, Michael Lefevre ‘11 to introduce yourself and express interest.
Please take advantage of the Fyrst Contact program so you can research and explore various industries and organizations as you are making decisions about your interests and career paths!