Users should use Duke's VPN in order to connect to Duke resources when not on the Duke campus network. The Duke VPN provides a secure connection to Duke resources. Multifactor authentication will be required to log in to the VPN.
1. Select the finder icon in your dock
2. Select applications -> select Cisco -> Double click Cisco AnyConnect Security Mobility Client
3. The field below should state vpn.duke.edu or Duke VPN. If it does not enter vpn.duke.edu and click "Connect"
4: Select -Default- the drop down menu
5. Enter your NetID and NetID password and click OK.
6. After February 6, 2018, you will see another screen with an MFA option field (See image below). Enter the number that corresponds to the MFA option you'd like. Depending on how many devices you have registered, you may see a different number of options. For example,
* Type 1 if you want to authenticate with your DUO app. This is the most portable option and also allows for access if you don’t have service or Wi-Fi in your area.
* Type 2 if you want to authenticate with a phone call.You will receive a call asking you to press a number. Once you press a number, you will be connected to the VPN.
* Type 3 if you want to receive ten codes via text. Each code can only be used once. These codes are active for three days. Enter one of those codes into the MFA Option field, click Continue, and you will be connected to the VPN.
* If you want to use your YubiKey, make sure your cursor is in the MFA Option field, then touch the gold button. Your code will automatically be entered and you will be connected to the VPN.
7. You should now be connected to the VPN. You can verify by seeing if the Cisco AnyConnect icon in your dock has a small lock.
email: email@example.com with questions/concerns