On behalf of the Duke University Career Center, I would like to extend a warm congratulations to you, Class of 2024! Woohoo, you’ve made it to Duke! Although this may not be the most typical start of an academic year, we are excited to have you join us and we look forward to serving you throughout your first year and beyond!
I know you’re probably wondering what the Career Center is and how we can assist you. Well, you’re in luck, I’m going to explain it all!
The Career Center is a student resource which serves all undergraduates wherever they are in their professional development. We can assist as you get started or work with you in the final stages. As you engage with us through Drop-in Career Advising, individual appointments, and workshops and events, we will provide guidance in:
- Exploring experiential opportunities
- Providing practice interviewing and interview coaching
- Navigating informational interviews
- Facilitating in-person and virtual interactions
- Internship and job search strategies
- Creating or revising your resume and cover letter
- Major and career exploration
- Reflecting on experiences
- Understanding your skills, values, and interests
Although we will be providing all of our services remotely this fall, we will still be available to assist you and provide events which first years will benefit from attending. Once you’ve had a chance to become acclimated within your new environment, make sure to check out the Career Center’s website, update your profile on CareerConnections (the Career Center’s online portal for registering for events, scheduling appointments, and searching for internship and jobs), follow us on social media (@DukeCareers), schedule an individual appointment, or visit us during Drop-in Career Advising.
We are looking forward to working with you and hope your semester is off to a great start!