Thanksgiving Break Hours:
- Wednesday, November 22nd: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Thursday, November 23rd: CLOSED
- Friday, November 24th: CLOSED
If you need to reach us urgently during this time please call (919) 970-3342.
CAPS helps Duke students enhance strengths and develop abilities to successfully live, grow, and learn in their personal and academic lives. We offer many services to Duke undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, including brief individual counseling/psychotherapy, consultation, couples and group counseling, assistance with referrals, and more. CAPS staff also provide outreach education programs to student groups, particularly programs supportive of at-risk populations, on a wide range of issues impacting them in various aspects of campus life.
Looking to initiate services with CAPS?
If you would like to begin services at CAPS, please drop in between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday and ask to speak with a counselor. No appointment needed!
You will meet with a counselor on a first-come, first-served basis. The earlier in the day you come in the better. Please plan for an hour visit.
Here is what you can expect during an Access Consultation:
- For this initial visit, you will meet with a counselor for about 15 minutes, in which the counselor will assess any concerns about your safety, evaluate if your needs can be met within CAPS’ brief treatment model, and determine where services are most appropriately provided; and
- You will leave with recommendations about next steps in your care, which may be at CAPS, another campus resource, or in the community. If services will be at CAPS, you will schedule future appointments with the same provider(s). Follow up visits at CAPS are about 45-50 minutes for Individual/Couples appointments and 90 minutes for Groups.
- You will leave with recommendations about next steps in your care, which may be at CAPS, another campus resource, or in the community. If services will be at CAPS, you will schedule future appointments with the same provider(s).