Connecting with our community.
We provide various forms of outreach in the service of CAPS' endeavors in clinical, developmental, and social justice domains, all situated within the mission of the Division of Student Affairs.
We are able to extend the caring wisdom and expertise of the traditional counseling session into the campus community. Recognizing that the challenges facing students are often linked to the environment in which they live and learn, we devote a great deal of resources on trying to make the Duke University community a more therapeutic place, including challenging some of the unhealthy or harmful norms that often emerge in society.
Our Outreach Services come in various forms, including:
- Consultation and Advising with students, faculty, and staff on efforts to improve campus mental health and create a more supportive community.
- Programs By Request of faculty, staff, and student communities.
- Delivering Presentations on yopics Related to Mental Health, Student Development, or Campus Life
- Facilitation of Dialogue and Discussion on issues facing student communities.
- Training Sessions in topics such as How To Help a Peer, Facilitating Group Discussion, and Launching Effective Initiatives aimed at improving the campus community.
- Serving on Panels in which the expertise of CAPS staff contributes to issues being addressed on campus.
- Distributing Materials and Tools to inform the Duke community about services or areas reflected in the expertise of our staff.