Concerned about a student? or Yourself?
Simply contact our reception staff at (919) 660-1000 to access our consultant.
If you are concerned about a student and wish to speak with a mental health professional about your concerns, CAPS has a consultant available to speak with you by phone or in person.
CAPS schedules times each day so that any student, parent, faculty or staff member concerned about a student (including any student concerned about himself or herself) can consult with one of our mental health professionals. Some common reasons for using our Consultation Services include
- concern that a student is showing signs of impairment in daily functioning,
- questions about a student’s development (academically or socially),
- alarm that a student is showing indications of self-destructive or unusual behaviors,
- concern about a student whose family is experiencing a crisis
- need for information about referrals for more specialized services in the community.
In the case of an emergency after hours (after 5pm Monday-Friday, Weekends, and Holidays), call 919-966-3820 and ask to speak to the Advice Nurse.