Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)

Faculty, Staff, Administrators

In your various professional capacities here at Duke, you may be the first to recognize students who are struggling and in need of mental health support services. You may notice significant drops in a student’s academic investment, recognize increasing isolation from peers, or you may simply be present when a student has decided to share some emotional turmoil in your office.   At these times, you may want professional assistance in deciding how best to support the student. A CAPS consultant can help you to evaluate the student’s needs, decide how to approach the student with your concerns, and to help you connect the student with appropriate services.

If you are a faculty member, advisor, administrator, or other professional staff member who would like to consult about a student, please don’t hesitate to call (919) 660-1000. Be sure to inform the receptionist of your professional role in the student’s life and that you would like to consult with one of our clinical staff members.