One of the Center's main outreach efforts is to connect to first-year students at Duke. We strongly encourage first-year students to visit the Center and to utilize the services and programs we offer, as well as drop by to meet the staff and other students. CMA is here to enrich the student experience at Duke. One of CMA's more notable first-year outreach efforts is the annual Multicultural Connections Luncheon during orientation week, in addition to monthly First-Year Edition programs held on East Campus.
The Center for Multicultural Affairs outreach efforts to first-year students includes, but is not limited, to the following:
- Multicultural Connections Luncheon
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 @ 7:00pm
- Zoom link: https://duke.zoom.us/j/96208960236?pwd=eVd0NHJwSmxXQUtoSlRuZmsrQTYyZz09
- Latinx, Latin American, and Allies Welcome Reception
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020 @ 6:00pm
- Zoom link: https://duke.zoom.us/j/91278254249?pwd=WGM0RUYyaTJObUpJZWtiTXIyRE1aQT09
- African & African American Student Reception
- Monday, August 10, 2020 @ 6:00pm
- Zoom link: https://duke.zoom.us/j/96416313433?pwd=emp2TDJqSVNFVWFtK1RORHdmVlc3QT09
- Student Affairs Departmental Resource Fair
- Graduate Student Resource Fair
For more information, contact the Center for Multicultural Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-684-6756.