Students and groups are expected to respect the property of others (including that of the university) and may be subject to disciplinary action for the following:
- theft and/or wrongful appropriation of the property and/or services of another;
- damage, destruction, or defacement of the property of another, including littering or chalking of university property;
- unauthorized possession and/or use of the property of another, including knowingly being in possession of stolen goods (this includes unauthorized use of vehicles, equipment, services, the Duke University name and logo);
- unauthorized access, entry, and/or use of university or non-university facilities or property, including but not limited to buildings, classrooms, residential rooms, athletic areas, Central Campus pool, parking areas, roofs, ledges, and tunnels; and/or
- violation of any policy or guidelines pertaining to specific usage of a university facility.
[Wording adopted from Eastern Michigan Student Conduct Code.]