To our Duke Dining community,
Now and always, the safety of Duke’s students, guests, and employees is our number-one priority. We are working directly with Duke’s COVID-19 response teams to closely monitor the situation and take proactive steps to protect the health and safety of our community.
In addition to our existing stringent health and safety protocols, we are taking extra precautions to ensure we’re doing everything we can to keep our community safe.
In Duke Dining operations, we always:
- Require all employees to report any illness before reporting to their food-service shift
- Employ regular and strict cleaning protocols in all food preparation and cooking areas
- Employ rigorous procedures around cleaning and sanitation of all guest-contact surfaces
- Supply sanitizer for employees and guests
- Require all staff to be certified in stringent food safety training programs
- Mobile Ordering available for pick-up at The Loop to assist with ease of ordering. We are working on providing additional locations for this service. Mobile Ordering information can be found here.
We are taking additional precautions, including:
- Extra training sessions on avoiding potential exposure, hand washing and reviewing the sick employee policy
- Mandate hand-washing every 20 minutes and between tasks
- Transitioned to all to-go ware to reduce potential exposure
- Removed all self-service options
- Encouraging social distancing by offering a take-out option, only.
- Established an internal task force to monitor and provide guidance in real time
- Providing care meals to students in required isolation
During this uncertain and challenging time, please know that Duke Dining is committed to serving our community in a manner that ensures the safety and wellness of students, guests, and staff. Thank you for trusting us, and we appreciate your support.