To our Duke Dining community,
Now and always, the safety of Duke’s students, guests, and employees is our number-one priority. We are working directly with Duke’s COVID-19 response teams to closely monitor the situation and take proactive steps to protect the health and safety of our community.
Due to the recent rise of COVID-19 cases, both locally and nationally, food will be available for pick-up only, until further notice. Please remember that online ordering is also available. Find out more here.
In addition to our existing stringent health and safety protocols, we are taking extra precautions to ensure we’re doing everything we can to keep our community safe.
In Duke Dining operations, we always:
- Require all employees to report any illness before reporting to their food-service shift
- Employ regular and strict cleaning protocols in all food preparation and cooking areas
- Employ rigorous procedures around cleaning and sanitation of all guest-contact surfaces
- Supply sanitizer for employees and guests
- Require all staff to be certified in stringent food safety training programs
- Require all employees and guests to wear masks while in dining venues, except while eating in the designated dining areas
We are taking additional precautions, including:
- Ensuring that ALL employees (managers & supervisors included) answer all questions on the Employee Health Questionnaire prior to the start of their work shift as REQUIRED
- All Duke University contractors are required to be vaccinated
- Mandate hand-washing every 20 minutes and between tasks
- Extra training sessions on avoiding potential exposure, hand washing and reviewing the sick employee policy
- Encouraging social distancing and offering a take-out option
- Established an internal task force to monitor and provide guidance in real time
- Providing care meals to students in required isolation
- Added multiple new locations for Duke Dine-Out Mobile Ordering. Mobile Ordering information can be found here.
- Conducting Steritech 3rd party inspections
During this uncertain and challenging time, please know that Duke Dining is committed to serving our community in a manner that ensures the safety and wellness of students, guests, and staff. Thank you for trusting us, and we appreciate your support.