Welcome to the Dean of Students Office
The Dean of Students Office, working through an array of programs and services, aims to promote the wellness and flourishing of every Duke student. We provide resources dedicated to student health and wellness through departments such as the Student Health Center, Duke Student Wellness Center, and Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Further, we encourage student growth, exploration, and achievement by supporting and advising select student organizations, and by mentoring individuals to help them become thoughtful, visionary leaders of integrity. Additionally, we promote the Duke Community Standard through many outlets, notably in the Office of Student Conduct and with the Undergraduate Conduct Board. As a staff, we respond to student crises and provide information to and referrals for students, faculty and staff on a variety of student-related issues.
The office of the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students is in 101 Bryan Center, and is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday: please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by calling (919) 668-3853.
Included among our programs and services are the following:
- Direction for faculty, staff, parents and others to the resources available to help a student in need through DukeReach
- 24/7 crisis response through the Dean-On-Call
- Coordination of undergraduate disciplinary system, mediation services, and promotion of the Duke Community Standard
- Counsel and guidance to help students make wise choices regarding stress, alcohol, sleep, relationships, and other matters of overall well-being through the Student Wellness Center
- The provision of expert mental health counseling and treatment through Counseling and Psychological Services
- Vaccinations, health counseling, and general medical care (much of which is covered under the Student Health Fee) through the Student Health Center
- Support for emerging projects that enhance the educational and service missions of the Division of Student Affairs and Duke University