Please Note: According to the Centers for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Administration, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food, and there are no known cases of anyone contracting the virus that causes COVID-19 after touching food containers and food packaging.
Where can I eat on campus?
Current Duke Dining hours of operation can be found here, but are subject to change. Indoor dining is currently permitted but at a 60% capacity. You many order your meal ahead by way of the Duke Dine-Out Mobile Ordering Program and/or take your meal to go!
What is Duke Dining doing to protect students’ and guests’ health and safety?
Now and always, the safety of Duke’s students, guests, and employees is our number-one priority. We are working directly with Duke’s COVID-19 response teams to closely monitor the situation and take proactive steps to protect the health and safety of our community.
In addition to our existing stringent health and safety protocols, we are taking extra precautions to ensure we’re doing everything we can to keep our community safe. For more information please visit our Safety and Quality Assurance page.
In Duke Dining operations, we always:
- Require all employees to report any illness before reporting to their food-service shift
- Employ regular and strict cleaning protocols in all food preparation and cooking areas
- Employ rigorous procedures around cleaning and sanitation of all guest-contact surfaces
- Supply sanitizer for employees and guests
- Require all staff to be certified in stringent food safety training programs
- Require all employees and guests to wear masks while in dining venues, except while eating in the designated dining areas
We have taken additional precautions, including:
- Ensuring that ALL employees (managers & supervisors included) answer all questions on the Employee Health Questionnaire prior to the start of their work shift as REQUIRED
- All Duke University contractors are required to be vaccinated
- Extra training sessions on avoiding potential exposure, hand washing and reviewing the sick employee policy
- Mandate hand-washing every 20 minutes and between tasks
- Encouraging social distancing and offering a take-out option
- Established an internal task force to monitor and provide guidance in real-time
- Providing Care Meals to students in required isolation
- Added multiple new locations for Duke Dine-Out Mobile Ordering
- Conducting Steritech 3rd party inspections
Is mobile ordering and pickup available at Duke Dining locations? Duke Dine-Out Mobile Ordering is available for pick-up at multiple on-campus locations. Duke Dine-Out Mobile Ordering information can be found here.
Can I eat in campus buildings?
Yes. However all indoor dining is not to exceed 60% capacity.
Will dining be different regarding dietary or allergen needs under new Covid-19 procedures?
Duke Dining locations will continue to follow strict allergen-safety procedures. As always, some locations are better able to accommodate food allergies than others. If you have questions about the best places to eat for your particular allergy, please contact email@example.com.