Resources for Assistance

Below is an alphabetical listing of resources to assist you in solving the problem, concern, or conflict you are facing. 

If you are not sure where to begin and would like to speak to someone during regular business hours, contact the main DukeReach line (919-681-2455).

For urgent concerns after business hours, contact the Dean On-Call (984-287-0300).

Academic Advising Center: The Academic Advising Center (AAC) oversees academic advising for Duke students until they declare their major during sophomore year. Through the AAC, students have a network of advising resources and services available to help them explore the many curricular and co-curricular opportunities at Duke

Phone: 919-684-6217

Academic Resource Center: The Academic Resource Center works with students to create a comprehensive approach to their learning, so they can reach their highest academic potential. Some of the services they offer include:

  • Peer Tutoring: One-on-one meetings and walk-in tutoring for select courses
  • Study Groups: Facilitated group learning opportunities for specific math and science courses. 
  • Learning Consultations: Any Duke undergraduate student can meet with an ARC learning consultant to enhance your academic skills and learn strategies tailored to how you learn and the courses you are taking. This includes strategies for time management, how to balance study, work and extra-curricular activities, how to take effective notes, and more.
  • ADHD/LD Support: Students with a diagnosed learning difference, including ADHD, can receive individualized academic support including academic and ADHD coaching, time management support, tutoring, and compensatory learning strategies.
  • Workshops & Presentations: The ARC gives workshops and presentations all across campus, to small and large groups, on a range of topics including time management, effective study/learning strategies, and more.
  • Test Prep: The ARC offers study sessions to help students prepare for the GRE and MCAT.

Learning is a process unique to each individual. Let the ARC help you figure out what that looks like for you. 

Phone: 919-684-5917

Career Center: The Duke University Career Center engages graduate and undergraduate students and alumni in discovering and determining what is meaningful and valuable in their lives and applying this to careers. We provide guidance throughout this ongoing, intentional process and encourage opportunities for exploring the intersection of our students' education, values, goals, skills, and reflection on experiences to identify and realize their aspirations, both at Duke and after. Read more about the Career Center.

Phone: 919-660-1050

Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity: The Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity strives to achieve an inclusive campus climate for students, staff, faculty, and alumnx with marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions through education, advocacy, support, mentoring, academic engagement, and providing space. Read More.

Phone: 919-684-6607

DuWell: DuWell helps students focus on their individual wellness by looking at the integration of many areas of their life through areas of wellness promotion and risk mitigation. They engage students through a variety of wellness experiences across campus in an effort to manage stress and reduce anxiety while emphasizing self-care. They also provide a comprehensive education framework that addresses topics such as sexual health, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs and how they impact student life. As a student, you have access to resources and information to assist in identifying risky behaviors while working together to brainstorm ideas on how to reduce your risk and implement a harm reduction strategy.

Phone: 919-681-8421

Fraternity & Sorority Life: The Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life advises and assists Greek letter organizations on campus. If you are working with a student who has questions about Greek life or are experiencing problems related to Greek life, Fraternity & Sorority Life can help. Additionally, the office works with the four Greek Councils: Panhellenic Association, Interfraternity Council, Inter-Greek Council and National Pan-Hellenic Council. 

Phone: 919-684-9401

The Graduate and Professional Student Council (GPSC) is the umbrella student government organization for Duke's nine graduate and professional schools. GPSC represents and advocates on behalf of graduate and professional students; programs events of interest to the student community; and financially supports the programming of student groups.

Housing, Dining & Residence Life: Housing, Dining & Residence Life (HDRL) provides on-campus housing for undergraduates and some graduate students. Undergraduate students can live on East, West, or Central Campus; please see the Programs and Services link for more information. HDRL has several other resources that may assist you. 

Phone:  919-684-4304

International House: The mission of the International House is to provide educational services and advocacy to the international population at Duke as well as outreach to the Durham community. The IHouse offers extensive cross-cultural programming and information to enhance the global mission of the university.

Phone: 919-684-3585

Jewish Life at Duke: Jewish Life at Duke strives to enrich the lives of Jewish students through social, educational, religious, cultural, social-action, and community-service activities. Jewish Life at Duke provides programs, Shabbat and holiday services, and resources for students.

Phone: 919-684-6422

Mary Lou Williams Center for Black Culture: The Mary Lou Williams Center for Black Culture provides programs and resources for faculty, students, and staff. Programs and services are designed to deal creatively, critically, and supportively with individuals and entities in order to foster consciousness about the significance of Black experiences.

Phone: 919-684-3814

Meditation Spaces on Campus

Center for Multicultural Affairs: The Center for Multicultural Affairs (CMA) works to support students of color and cultural communities. The Multicultural Center provides programs and services and a variety of resources for the Duke community.

Phone: 919-684-6756


  • Provides a neutral, safe, and confidential environment to talk
  • Listens to concerns and complaints and discusses appropriate options
  • Helps to evaluate those options
  • Assists students in resolving problems
  • Mediates conflicts, convenes meetings, engages in "shuttle diplomacy"
  • Refers students to appropriate campus resources
  • Provides information about university resources

Phone: 919-684-8222

Office of Institutional Equity: Under the auspices of the President, the Office for Institutional Equity (OIE) provides institutional leadership in sustaining a respectful and inclusive environment. OIE can provide information for faculty, students, and staff regarding Diversity and Equity, EEO/Affirmative Action, Harassment Prevention, Policies, and Resources.  

Phone: 919-684-8222

Pratt School of Engineering: The Pratt School of Engineering can provide you with assistance related to academic resources for undergraduate and graduate students and offers general academic assistance for engineering students in need of ongoing support. If you need specific contact information for people and departments within the Pratt School of Engineering, click here.

Phone: 919-660-5386

Religious Life: Religious Life is part of the Duke Chapel and provides resources and connections to over 25 campus ministries affiliated with Duke University. Additionally, Religious Life provides the Pathways program to help college students engage in their spiritual development.

Phone: 919-684-2909

The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards: The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards strengthens personal responsibility and accountability through investigation and resolution of alleged violations of university policies. We encourage honesty, integrity, and respect within the undergraduate community as promoted by our honor code, the Duke Community Standard. Any student named in a report of a possible violation of university policy is presumed to not be in violation of such unless the student accepts responsibility for the violation(s) and/or the disciplinary process makes such a determination. The 2019-20 edition of The Duke Community Standard in Practice: A Guide for Undergraduates ("DCS Guide") is now available and is distributed to all students who live on campus. Students who live off campus may pick one up on the 2nd floor of Crowell Hall (East Campus, behind Wilson dorm and the Friedl Building) between 8:30 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday. A list of noteworthy changes to the 2019-20 DCS Guide is also available. Want to report a possible violation of university policy? Click here. To file a report anonymously, click here. If you wish to report an incident of bias or hate, click here.

Phone: 919-684-6938

Student Disability Access Office: The Student Disability Access Office (SDAO) is charged with the responsibility of exploring possible coverage and reasonable accommodations for students for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act. The mission of the SDAO is to provide and coordinate accommodations, support services, and auxiliary aids for qualified students with disabilities. In order to begin the process a student must provide documentation. Faculty may find this page useful in working with students with Disabilities.

Phone: 919-668-1267

Trinity College: Trinity College of Arts & Sciences is Duke's liberal arts undergraduate college. Students will find advising information for both undecided and declared students, information regarding requirements (T-Reqs) and academic programs, and a listing of academic deans and their areas. If you need special support for an undeclared student, contact the Academic Advising Center. If you need support for a declared student, the student's academic dean can assist you.

Phone: 919-684-6217 - undecided or pre-major students
Phone: 919-684-2130 - students who have declared a major

Trinity's Office of Student Returns (serving students taking a leave from or returning to Duke) may be accessed here: http://trinity.duke.edu/osr .               

Women's Center: Through education, outreach, and advocacy, the Duke University Women's Center fosters diverse learning and living environments that are safe and empowering for all women and men in the Duke community. The staff is committed to a campus culture that provides all students access to a full range of personal and professional choices, fosters agency and self-determination for all, and creates transformative experiences to understand and resist patriarchal oppression in our lives and the world. The Women's Center provides programs and services, resources, publications, and a book exchange for faculty, students, and staff.

Phone: 919-684-3897. (After hours: 919-970-2108 or WCHelp@duke.edu)

Gender Violence Services: Gender Violence Services are offered at Duke through the Office of Gender Violence Prevention and Intervention in the Women's Center. If you are a student at Duke University (of any gender) and are a victim-survivor of gender violence, you can contact us 24/7: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm: Call 919-684-3897, email WCHelp@duke.edu, or walk in, no appointment necessary. After hours, weekends, holidays: Call Women's Center staff at 919-970-2108 or email WCHelp@duke.edu. If this is an emergency situation and you feel you are in danger, call 911 or Duke Police at 919-684-2444.

  • Victim Support
  • Assistance & Intervention
  • Resources for Students
  • Post-Hospitalization Support