Dear Duke students and scholars,
As a result of the COVID-19 prevention efforts at Duke University, International House staff are now advising remotely. There will be an advisor on duty each day to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Please reach out to the staff member who is on duty directly via their email address. If you would like to speak to a staff member virtually, please book an appointment with the specific person you would like using the links below.
Our office hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm
Meda will forward your email to the appropriate advisor.
Esra Uzun Mason
- Most International House programs and services have been put on hold until further notice.
- Trips to DMV and Social Security have been canceled until further notice. For assistance with obtaining a social security number or ID from the DMV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As we receive updates regarding COVID-19 and Duke's plans for the fall semester, we will post them here.
If you have any questions about specific issues, please refer to these resources below:
- For information and updates on Duke's plan to return to campus, visit Duke United.
- For general information on Duke's response to COVID-19, visit: coronavirus.duke.edu
- If you are an international undergraduate or graduate student and have any specific questions, please contact email@example.com or visit keeplearning.duke.edu/international-students/
- For visa-related questions, please contact Duke Visa Services at VisaHelp@mc.duke.edu
- COVID-19 Guidance in different languages
- COVID Community Resources by Duke’s Office of Durham and Community Affairs; including resources and information on basic needs and for students & parents
- Duke Mutual Aid by Duke students, for receiving and donating money, food, housing, etc.
- Graduate and Professional Student Council Emergency Travel Fund (for graduate & professional students)
- Graduate and Professional Students Council Food Pantry (for graduate & professional students)
- Duke Graduate School’s webpage on Coronavirus Information
Town Hall Forum Meetings
Please note, the IHouse Town Hall Forum series held every Wednesday from 12:30pm -1:30pm is on hiatus until further notice.
To submit your specific questions and suggestions for future sessions, please go to bit.ly/town-hall-forum
To view previous Town Hall Forum recordings and additional information form presenters, follow this link
International students and scholars continue to receive telephone calls or emails from scammers who claim to be from government offices and request money.
Please note that NO legitimate official of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Custom and Board Protection (USCBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), or Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will ask for your information or demand payments or any type by telephone or email.
If you receive a call or email, gather as much information as possible and contact the International House or Duke Visa Services (if it's visa-related). They will determine if the email or phone call is legitimate and assist you.
You can also visit the following sites for more information on current scams:
- USCIS Common Scams
- USCIS Avoid Scams
- IRS Tax Scams Consumer Alerts
- Coronavirus Scams
- FTC Scam Alerts
Our Mission is to provide educational programs, services and advocacy to Duke global community on campus as well as outreach to the greater Durham area. We offer extensive cross-cultural information and training to enhance the mission of the university.
International House is located at 2 Epworth Dorm Lane on Duke's East Campus. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5pm. You can make online appointments anything during these hours, and an advisor will be available to assist you.