Dear Duke students and scholars,
As a result of the COVID-19 prevention efforts at Duke University, International House staff are now advising remotely. There will be an advisor on duty each day to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Please reach out to the staff member who is on duty directly via their email address. If you would like to speak to a staff member virtually, please book an appointment with the specific person you would like using the links below.
Our office hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm
Esra Uzun Mason
Meda will forward your email to the appropriate advisor.
- Most International House programs and services have been cancelled for the remainder of the semester spring 2020. This includes Meet Your World at Duke, Spanish Conversation Clubs, English Hour for Spouses, Book Club for Spouses, Satellite Office Hours on West, International Awards Dinner.
Weekly Global Cafe is now a Virtual Brunch with IHouse at 11:30am, starting on March 27, Friday. To join the meeting via Zoom, go to https://duke.zoom.us/j/934992704. The Meeting ID is 934 992 704.
- Trips to DMV and Social Security have been cancelled until further notice.
As we get more updates regarding the spread of COVID-19 and prevention efforts initiated by Duke, we are aware that new information may become available. We apologize for the inconvenience, but as a result of the COVID-19 prevention efforts at Duke University, International House office is closed until further notice.
If you have any questions about specific issues, please refer to these resources below:
- For general information on Duke's response to COVID-19, the best way to keep updated with this very dynamic and evolving situation would be to frequently check https://coronavirus.duke.edu/
- COVID-19 Guidance in different languages
- If you are an undergraduate or graduate student and have any specific questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For visa-related questions, please contact Duke Visa Services at VisaHelp@mc.duke.edu
- COVID Community Resources by Duke’s Office of Durham and Community Affairs; including resources and information on basic needs and for students & parents
- Duke Mutual Aid Facebook Group by Duke students, for receiving and donating money, food, housing, etc.
- Graduate and Professional Student Council Emergency Travel Fund (for graduate & professional students)
- Graduate and Professional Students Council Food Pantry (Open to ALL Duke students, including undergraduates in need)
- Duke Graduate School’s webpage on Coronavirus Information
Town Hall Forum Meetings
Please join the IHouse Town Hall Forum series every Wednesday from 12:30pm -1:30pm.
Representatives from various offices will share updates and answer your questions. To submit questions, please go to bit.ly/town-hall-forum
Zoom Meeting information:
Meeting ID: 172 751 513
For previous Town Hall Forum recordings and additional information form presenters, check out this link https://duke.box.com/s/152covksg13p87gu6cd0ckopgw5yv9oy
We will not answer questions about taxes at these sessions
For help with taxes, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
Our Mission is to provide educational programs, services and advocacy to Duke global community on campus as well as outreach to the greater Durham area. We offer extensive cross-cultural information and training to enhance the mission of the university.
International House is located at 2 Epworth Dorm Lane on Duke's East Campus. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5pm. You can drop by anytime during these hours, and an advisor will be available to assist you.
Dear Duke Students, Scholars and Spouses:
Students and scholars continue to receive telephone calls or email requesting money. Please note that no legitimate official of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Custom and Board Protection (USCBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will ask for your information or demand payments or any type by telephone or email.
The following webpages provide information regarding current scams:
If you receive a call or email, gather as much information as possible and contact Duke Visa Services . We will determine if the email or phone call is legitimate and assist you.