Connect. Learn. Grow. (CLG) Workshop Series provides richer and deeper level of information and advice beyond our regular orientation. Often times international students and scholars are overwhelmed by so much information they get during orientation period, and many pieces of valuable information may get lost. IHouse offers international students and scholars further opportunities to learn how to navigate their life at Duke and in Durham.
Fall 2016 schedule (Thursdays 5:00 pm ~ 6:00 pm)
- 9/1 What’s Going On Here? – American Values
- 9/8 Race - An American Framework. Inquiry and Dialogue
- 9/15 Muslims in America
- 9/22 Women’s Roles & Rights in the U.S. from the 1800s to 2016
- 9/29 Politics in the U.S. & Presidential Election
- 10/6 Diversity Issues in the U.S.
- 10/10 Day Trip (location TBD)
(This is a tentative schedule which is subject to change if needed)
We are looking for a volunteer who will write a blog post for IHouse after attending our CLG workshops. If you are interested in contributing, please email SangHee Jeong at firstname.lastname@example.org including the workshop you want to attend and write about.
If you need more information about a specific CLG topic, please keep an eye on the IHouse announcements on our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/Duke.IHouse). If you have ideas for new topics, please let us know. Contact I-House at email@example.com for more information.