Crossroads Student Advisory Committee is on hiatus for Academic Year 2016 - 2017.
What is the Crossroads Student Advisory Council?
The Crossroads Student Advisory Council (CSAC) is comprised of first-year students from diverse communities with an interest in bridging the cultural gap between domestic and international students at Duke.
We have biweekly open dialogues about issues pertaining to Duke’s campus as well as discussions focusing on personal identity including cultural backgrounds and experiences.
Through these dialogues, guest speakers, panels, and interactive activities, students will gain a richer understanding and foster an appreciation for the similarities and differences amongst members of the Duke community.
Who should apply? First-year undergraduate students who are interested in:
• Bridging the gaps between domestic and international students
• Incorporating diverse perspectives into their university experience
• Connecting with other first-year students from various backgrounds
As a result of participating in CSAC, students will:
• Develop a sense of community with other first-year students
• Hear, explain, and discuss issues pertinent to the campus climate
• Connect to resources on campus
Deadline to apply: Sunday, September 13, 12:00am (midnight)
Meeting Dates & Location:
- Wed. Sept. 23, 7:00 – 8:00pm – East Campus Gazebo
- Wed. Oct. 7, 7:00 – 8:00pm - IHouse
- Wed. Oct. 21, 7:30pm - 8:30pm - CMA
- Wed. Nov. 4, 7:00 – 8:00pm - IHouse
- Wed. Nov. 18, 7:30pm - 8:30pm - CMA
- Wed. Dec. 2, 7:00 – 8:00pm – IHouse
Spring dates will be announced after Fall Break