Have you noticed the word "global" spreading across our campus lately? Are you interacting with more and more people and cultures different from your own? Do you have questions about intercultural communication and practices? You are not alone.
As our international borders become bridges of globalization, intercultural skills are paramount to enhance communication and the ability to connect, support and engage those who are different from us. Inside Duke global community these skills are essential on the personal and professional level. Through experientially engaging and exciting workshops, participants will set foot on the journey of intercultural inquisitiveness, awareness, and engagement.
The program is free to all permanent Duke staff and faculty. For more information and session descriptions, click here.
Please contact Seun Bello Olamosu at (919) 684-2512 or email@example.com.
Apply here for the Fall 2016 ISDP course. (Now Closed)
Fall 2016 Schedule
All sessions will hold at the International House, 300 Alexander Ave
Thursday, Sept. 15th, 8:30-1pm
- Session I: Introduction to Self and Intercultural Aawareness
Thursday, Sept. 22nd, 8:30-1pm
- Session II: ACIREMA Simulation, Intercultural Encounters & Adaptation
Thursday, Oct. 6th, 8:30--1pm
- **Session III: #1 Cultural Lunch - Nepal
Thursday, Oct. 13th, 8:30am-1pm
- Session IV: Conflict & Communication Styles: Yours & Theirs
Thursday, Oct. 27th, 8:30am-12pm
- Session V: Cultural Values
Thursday, Nov. 3rd, 12-1:30pm
- **Session VI: #2 Cultural Lunch - Turkey
Thursday, Nov. 17th, 8:30-1pm
- Final Session: Lessons Learned & Focus Group Presentations II
Apply Here. (Now Closed)