Congratulations on having a Blue Devil in the family! We're excited to have your child as a member of Duke's Jewish community. We look forward to being able to support you and your student on their journey here at Duke.
Your student can look forward to being a part of a welcoming and inclusive environment with numerous opportunities for engagement in Jewish life on campus. Through Jewish Life at Duke, he or she can participate in a variety of Jewish student groups, travel, and explore and celebrate his or her Jewish identity in myriad ways.
We appreciate your entrusting Jewish Life at Duke to be your child's home-away-from-home while at school and we do not take the responsibility lightly. Our students are our top priority and we strive to support them in every phase of their Duke experience. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (919) 684-6422. To be added to our monthly e-newsletter, email Lena Wegner.
As a Duke parent, you too are part of this vibrant Jewish community. We hope you will consider becoming a Parent Ambassador and joining our Parents Circle.
- Orientation Week: Kosher food is available throughout Orientation Week for both students and their families
o Kosher dining at Freeman Center for Jewish Life opens for the semester on the first day of classes. Dinner is served every weekday that school is in session.
- For more information about Orientation Week, please go the following links:
- Parents Weekend: Join us at the Freeman Center for Shabbat services and dinner on Friday night followed by a Bagel Brunch on Sunday.
- Jewish Baccalaureate: Celebrate the culmination of your child's Jewish journey at Duke at this very special ceremony during Graduation Weekend.
- Become a Parent Ambassador: As a Parent Ambassador you will field questions from current and prospective parents, serving as key source of information to other parents. You may also welcome newly admitted families, creating a vital sense of community and camaraderie outside of Duke's campus. For information on how to become a parent ambassador, contact Lena Wegner.
Become a member of the Parents Circle: for parents and grandparents of current students, with a gift of $360 and above. Your support helps Jewish Life at Duke provide a warm and welcoming home-away-from-home for your student. In appreciation, Parents Circle members may select one of the following appreciation gifts: a parent (or grandparent) T-shirt, power bank, or embossed journal.
Contributions from parents, alumni, and friends make our work possible. A gift of any size will help us sustain Duke's vibrant Jewish community. Click here to show your support.