Download Duke Guides in any app store for the most up-to-date schedule throughout orientation. The 2018 schedule will be coming soon!
Greetings from New Student Programs!
We are excited you will be starting at Duke this fall. Our team is looking forward to meeting you and greeting you and your family when you come to campus.
The six days prior to the start of classes each fall comprise Orientation Welcome Week. As the only official orientation program Duke has, the week is packed with events ranging from convocation to academic advising to social events on the quad.
Pay attention to these pages as we get closer to your arrival in August. We'll be providing a variety of details on what to do, where and when, and how to get there, along with a lot of other helpful information to get you started with confidence. And don't worry, if you forget to visit this page over and over, we'll be reaching out to you in other ways to make sure you have the information you need.
As you begin to make travel plans, please remember some of these key dates:
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - Sunday, August 26, 2018: New Student Orientation Welcome Week
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 8:30AM-3:00PM: Move In Day (Your residence hall's specific move in time slot can be accessed in your MyDuke portal in mid-July)
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - Wednesday, August 22, 2018: Parent and Family Orientation (For more information, click here)
For more information on International Student Orientation, please click here.
For more information on Pre-Orientation Programs, please click here.
- First Big Week: Monday, August 27, 2018- Sunday, September 2, 2018 (Full schedule will be available within the Orientation Welcome Week 2018 guide. Download Duke Guides in the app store.
- Parent and Family Orientation: Be sure to check out information on Parent and Family Orientation: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 to Wednesday, August 22, 2018 here at Duke! For more information, check out the Parent & Families website.