Due to concerns related to COVID-19, all campus and community-based Pre-Orientation Programs are still being evaluated to see if they will be able to be hosted in person this August. As details and plans develop, we will be sure to share that information with you. Should you have any questions, please contact the Office of New Student Programs at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our Pre-Orientation Programs
New Student Programs supports and oversees all but one of Duke’s Pre-Orientation Programs. Click below for more information on each program.
- Project BUILD helps to engage students in service projects that familiarize them with the Duke and Durham community.
- Project WILD is a back-country adventure in Pisgah National Forest that helps students connect with the outdoors through back-packing, hiking, rock climbing and more.
- Project Waves provides students with the opportunity to participate in water activities and engage with opportunities at the Duke Marine Lab in Beaufort, NC.
- Project Search is designed to provide research opportunities to students in the humanities or biological sciences.
- Project Change focuses on ethical leadership and social change sponsored by The Kenan Institute for Ethics.
- Project Arts empowers students to engage in a variety of artistic mediums that help them express their transition to college.
Project Edge introduces students to the world of creative and practical design through experiences related to design thinking, rapid prototyping, and problem solving.