The Office of Parent and Family Programs has created informational videos for parents and families about various topics and programs offered at Duke University. To learn more click on the links below and watch the videos and live sessions.
Fraternity & Sorority Recruitment/Intake
- Informational Video: Student Leadership staff members cover the process for joining fraternities and sororities, how families can support their students during that process, what support the university provides, and answers to common concerns parents and families have about fraternity or sorority membership. The link provides a recording from a live webinar hosted on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Move-In Day and Parent/Family Orientation
- Informational Video: New Student Programs team members and Parent & Family Programs staff provide details on First-Year Student Move-In Day and Parent and Family Orientation. The link provides a recording from a live webinar hosted on Thursday, August 1st, 2019.
Global Education Office
- Informational Video: As a parent or family member of a student preparing to study away, there are a few key things you can do to contribute to the success of the experience. The Duke Global Education Office shares their top five recommendations for parents and families. This video was produced in April of 2019.
Post-Graduate Planning Beginning at Orientation
- Informational Video: Professional staff members from the Career Center describe Duke's approach to post-graduate planning, provide practical examples of how the Career Center and its First Year Initiative aim to support students in their time at Duke, and answer questions from parents. This webinar was recorded on January 16, 2019.
Duke Health and Wellness
- Informational Video: Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students Sue Wasiolek shares important information about Duke Student Health and Wellness and the resources the new Wellness Center has to offer.
- Informational Video: Executive Director for DukeEngage, Dr. Eric Mlyn, gives an overview of DukeEngage and answers the most common parent questions about the program.
- Informational Video: Executive Director for DukeEngage, Dr. Eric Mlyn shares important information for parent and family members about DukeEngage, a signature undergraduate program.
- Live Session with Dr. Eric Mlyn
Diversity and Inclusion: