This policy covers direct deposit of payroll checks. Direct deposit is an agreement for employee pay to be directly deposited into a bank or credit union account.
- Direct deposit is strongly encouraged for all employees, and is a condition of employment in some departments.
- Corporate Payroll has required students to have direct deposit since October 2008.
Student Affairs Policy
- Direct deposit is a condition of employment for non-bargaining unit employees in the Division of Student Affairs. Direct deposit must be initiated within the first pay period of employment.
- All bargaining unit employees in the Division of Student Affairs are strongly encouraged to have direct deposit.
- All student employees in the Division of Student Affairs, including those on the non-compensatory payroll, are required to have direct deposit.
- Regular employees and students on the compensatory payroll must use Duke@Work to establish direct deposit.
- A paper form (will provide form for uploading) must be used to establish direct deposit for students receiving non-compensatory payments
QUESTIONS: Questions regarding this policy may be sent to email@example.com.