Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response

Options for Filing a Report

Thumbnail Thumbnail


Get Personal Support  |  Help Someone Else  |  File a Report  |  Policies & Procedures  |  Make a Difference  |  Get Educated

Option 1: Duke Police: If this is an Emergency please call 911. Use this online citizen police report system to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report submission for free. Take a look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section to find out if filing an online citizen police report is right for you.

You can also report concerns about possible criminal misconduct anonymously through Duke Police'€™s Silent Witness Program.

Option 2: Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards: Anyone with concerns about a possible violation of the Student Sexual Misconduct Policy by a student is encouraged to contact the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards at 919-684-6938,, or through an online reporting system at

Option 3: Office for Institutional Equity: Under the Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment, and Related Misconduct, you can file a complaint or report of sexual misconduct not involving sexual misconduct by a student with the Office for Institutional Equity (for harassment by faculty, staff, or a third party).
Location: 114 S. Buchanan Blvd. Bay 8, Durham, NC 27708
Phone: 919-684-1437

Option 4: Livesafe: Duke LiveSafe is a mobile app available for free through the Apple App Store and Android App Store that offers real-time, two-way communication between Duke community members and the Duke University Police Department.