Information for Move-in Day:
Your move-in time was sent via your duke.edu email on Monday, July 22. It included the following attachments:
- A parking placard with your move-in time and entrance
- A map to your designated entrance and a map to the Science Drive parking garage
- Orientation information
- It is suggested that students label all items for move-in. Include your name, building and room number on all your personal items (boxes, luggage, bags, etc.). This will assist with the move-in process.
- Proceed to East Campus ONLY at your designated move-in time. Each residence hall will be prepared to welcome you at your designated time. You cannot move-in early.
- Use the entrance indicated on your placard for the easiest access to your residence hall. This will ensure the most effective traffic flow on move-in day.
- Each student is permitted one vehicle on East Campus for unloading. Please adhere to this rule or it will create excessive congestion and slow down the move-in process.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended while on East Campus for unloading. One person must remain with your vehicle at all times.
- Volunteers will help you unload your vehicle on East Campus. After your car is unloaded, it should be immediately moved to the Science Drive parking deck on West Campus (see attachment for detailed instructions).
- Always use the Science Drive parking deck following your unloading and while on West Campus. Shuttle buses will transport you to the Bryan Center or East Campus from the Science Drive parking deck.
- You may begin to park your car on East Campus (in designated parking spots) after 5:00pm on August 20.
- Don't forget to print out your parking placard and maps!
|Jarvis||8:00 - 9:00 am||#1 - Main Street & Campus Drive|
|Trinity||8:00 - 9:00 am||#4 - Brodie Gym Drive|
|Alspaugh||9:30 - 11:00 am||#1 - Campus Drive|
|Brown||9:30 - 11:00 am||#3 - East Campus Union Drive|
|Gilbert-Addoms||9:30 - 11:00 am||#6 - Campus Drive|
|Wilson||9:30 - 11:00 am||#1 - Main Street & Campus Drive|
|Bassett||11:30 am - 1:00 pm||#3 - East Campus Union Drive|
|Giles||11:30 am - 1:00 pm||#1 - Main Street & Campus Drive|
|Randolph||11:30 am - 1:00 pm||#4 - Brodie Gym Drive|
|Southgate||11:30 am - 1:00 pm||#5 - Southgate Circle|
|Bell Tower||2:00 - 3:30 pm||#4 - Brodie Gym Drive|
|Blackwell||2:00 - 3:30 pm||#6 - Campus Drive|
|Pegram||2:00 - 3:30 pm||#1 - Main Street & Campus Drive|
Please do not hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org; 919-684-4303) if you have any questions. We can't wait to see you on Tuesday, August 20!