North Carolina State Law (General Statutes §130A 152–157) requires that all students entering college present a certificate of immunization that documents that the student has received all immunizations required by law. While your state or country of origin may have different immunization requirements, you must comply with North Carolina laws and Duke requirements.
DEADLINES FOR IMMUNIZATION COMPLIANCE:
- Fall Semester: June 15
- Deadline for students enrolling in the nursing program is May 15
- Spring Semester: December 15
- Summer Semester: April 15
Students have 30 days after classes begin to meet the mandatory immunization and TB requirements.
MANDATORY STEPS FOR IMMUNIZATION COMPLIANCE
STEP 1: Complete the online Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire.
STEP 2: You will receive an email after completing the questionnaire. Print the PDF and follow the instructions provided.
STEP 3: Have a doctor’s office, clinic or health department complete the correct Mandatory Immunization Requirements Form below. Forms cannot be signed by family members.
- Immunization Requirements for Undergraduate Students
- Immunization Requirements for Graduate Students
- Immunization Requirements for Health Science Students
STEP 4: Log into the Student Health Gateway. Click the “Forms” tab and complete the following online forms:
- Health History Form
- Immunizations Page in EMF Forms
STEP 5: Submit your signed Mandatory Immunization Form and your TB Screening Questionnaire (along with any additional testing or documents if applicable) via one of the methods below:
- Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
- Fax: 1-919-681-7386
- Mail: Duke University Student Health Center, Attention: Immunization Department, DUMC Box 2899, Durham, NC 27710
STEP 6: Monitor your Duke Email. Communications regarding your compliance status can be found by logging into the Student Health Gateway and clicking on “Messages” on the left tool bar. Your Duke email will notify you when a new message has been sent.