The Student Organization Line Up is the recognition process being used by the Student Involvement Team to recognize the great work that student organizations are doing at Duke. Groups that have completed student organization requirements, attended Student Life programming initiatives, and hosted programs will be recognized for their efforts. Recognition will happen monthly for the duration of the academic year.
Individuals (Students, advisors, and faculty/staff) can nominate groups that they feel have done exceptional work in the previous month. UCAE will take the nominations and decide the Up & Comers and Headliners for the next month. At the end of the year, all recipients will be invited to the LDSA awards reception for recognition of their accomplishments.
This category will recognize one outstanding student group on campus each month that has gone over and beyond the requirements of being a student group.
Up and Comers
This category will recognize several groups that have made an impact on campus.
Things you can do to make the Line Up
- Complete all the mandatory requirements to be a registered student organization (on time),
- Complete Level 2 Training that is offered
- For Example: Start Strong, Stay Strong, Advisor Training, Leadership & Transitioning
- Attend Amazing Launch
- Set Up an appointment with LAUNCH
- Have a table at the Activities Fair
- Register events on time on DukeGroups
- Cosponsor with another student organization or University Department
- No Disciplinary Issues—SOFC, Business Office, Event Services, etc
- Positive Account Balance
- Advisor attendance at Student Life Programming Initiatives
- Uploaded Photo Album from an Event on DukeGroups
- Upload Meeting minutes on DukeGroups
This category will recognize all the new student organizations that have been established in the current academic year.
How to Nominate
If you would like to nominate a student organization for recognition in the Student Organization Line Up, please use the below link and proceed as instructed.
Click here to start your nomination!
STAR Advisor Award
In addition to the multiple awards students and student organizations can receive, there is also a STAR Advisor Award. The STAR Advisor Award recognizes a university administrator and/or faculty member who has aided in the development of students outside of the classroom. Each year, we recognize some of our most outstanding advisors with the STAR Advisor Award as part of the Student Organization Line-Up. Advisors are nominated by students, and the recipients are selected by a committee of faculty, staff, and students. Last year's STAR Advisor Award recipients were:
J’Nai Adams, Mi Gente
Mark Emamian, Graduate Student Association of Iranians at Duke
Alec Greenwald, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Dr. Kearsley “Karrie” Stewart, Duke Alliance for Citizenship and Education of the Under-Resourced
Click here to start your nomination! https://duke.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_envApJIvyPX1kMJ