Tips & Tricks - Secure your Social Media and Protect Yourself from Cyberstalking:
- Use a strong password, and do not use the same password for multiple sites
- NEVER share your password and change it frequently.
- NEVER log into your Facebook account on a public device (i.e. devices in an Apple store)
- Be aware of how your information is being shared!
- Be aware of who can see your location when you’ve checked into a location
- Do not share personal information such as your home address, trip itineraries, social security number, etc.
- Conduct periodic searches on the web using your name and phone number to ensure your information is not being used in a way that you were unaware of.
- Delay your check-in/geo-tag of your current location until you are about to leave.
Facebook - Security How-To’s:
Twitter - Security How-To’s:
Instagram - Security How-To’s