The Women's Center provides confidential crisis support for people of all genders who are survivors of gender violence, including sexual assault, stalking or unwanted contact, harassment, or intimate partner violence.
- Crowell Building underneath the Duke CoffeeHouse
- Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm: Call 919-684-3897, email WCHelp@duke.edu, or walk in--no appointment necessary.
- After-hours, weekends, holidays: Call 919-970-2108 or email WCHelp@duke.edu
- If you can not reach the person on-call at 919-970-2108, please call 919-682-2444 and ask to be transferred to the Gender Violence Prevention & Intervention on-call coordinator.
- If this is an emergency situation and you feel you are in danger, call 911 or Duke police at 919-684-2444.
If you have been sexually assaulted within the past 120 hours (5 days), it is important to know your options for proper medical intervention and legal protection. Call the OGVI to talk through your options and make the decisions that are right for you. Other campus resources are also available under Title IX and the Duke Sexual Misconduct policy.
No matter when you experienced the abuse, you can still benefit from talking with someone.
Our counseling services are confidential. Counselors will not disclose information about your abuse unless you give them permission to do so. Staff of the Office of Gender Violence Prevention and Intervention will not file a report with the University or Police unless you ask them to.
Learn more about How We Can Help.