The Graduate and Professional Women's Network (GPWN) provides personal and professional networking opportunities to Duke's graduate and professional women students. The group:
- provides a space to network with women from other departments and schools, as well as with professors, administrators, and community members
- sponsors programs that teach skills that will help graduate and professional women succeed in their educational and professional careers
- provides a forum for discussion of campus and community issues;
- advocates on behalf of graduate and professional school women students to the Duke administration.
What We Do: GPWN Activities
GPWN's main project is the Educational and Professional Development Dinner Discussion Series. Meet students from different departments, discuss issues of common concern, and enjoy a free meal. Come to one dinner or the entire series. Bring a friend!
Join Us: How You Can Get Involved
- Attend our events;
- Subscribe to our list-serv; See instructions below;
- Volunteer with GPWN by doing administrative work, sitting on the planning committee, or planning an event or two. Contact Maggie Quan, GPWN Student Programmer for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions to join gradwomen
The GPWN E-Mail List GRADWOMEN is a very useful means of communication and community building among female graduate students at Duke. To subscribe to the mailing list, e-mail the message "subscribe gradwomen" (without quotation marks) to: email@example.com. You will be automatically added to the distribution list and receive a welcome message containing instructions for posting to the list. Please note that only subscribed members can post to the GRADWOMEN listserv.
Email GPWN at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.